Saturday, June 9, 2012

Paprika Peppers or Lesco (HCEV)

I don't typically cook pasta these days, but I've cooked two new pasta dishes that I'll totally make again the future. Given the Mark Bittman variations I used the dish should be called Smoked-Paprika Peppers with Sour Cream.
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons minced garlic
  • 2 tablespoons sweet paprika [I use Pimenton Picante, which is probably the opposite of sweet paprika]
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper
  • 3 medium bell peppers, cored, seeded, and cut into strips
  • 4 roma tomatoes (drained canned are fine), cored and chopped
  • 1 cup sour cream [I just used what was left over in the tub from Beef Stroganoff]


Mise en place


Cook onions and garlic until soft for only a couple minutes.


Adding the paprika and salt and pepper. You cook this over low heat without disturbing it for five minutes. And cover it but I forgot that part at this stage.


Added the peppers and went through the same procedure but remembering the lid.


Ditto with the tomatoes.


Really tasty, but probably too short in protein to be considered a whole meal. From the first few bites, I knew I would make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment