Friday, February 22, 2013

Mushroom Sherry Chicken (BRW)

  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 chicken, 3 to 4 pounds, cut into serving pieces, or 2 1/2 to 3 pounds chicken parts, trimmed of excess fat
  • Salt and black pepper to taste
  • 2 garlic cloves, chopped
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
  • 1 cup dry sherry
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
Mise en place.  I did much of it while browning the chicken.  Note some browned chicken.

Here's a picture.

Cook vegetables until softened and lightly browned.

Add sherry and chicken back in and simmer until chicken is tender.  Unfortunately before I could had to pack up and head over to Brighton where Eric S lives and carry on over there.
I probably would've been able to finish the dish if I hadn't forgotten to buy mushrooms at Whole Foods and then spend a hour looking for the new Harvest Co-Op in the neighborhood when it could hardly be any closer to me than it is.

The chicken accompanied by a bit of mini baguette (also from Whole Foods) and perhaps the first appearance on my blog of food made by someone who doesn't cook professionally in Chicago.  Gotta love the Israeli salad.  Also the chicken, cumin, lima bean, and rice dish I recently shared on Facebook.
So Eric loved the dish (And who wouldn't love it if I invaded their kitchens and cooked them dinner?), but I, as always, thought it was just okay.  I felt the pressure to finish the dish since it took me until rather late to show up with an unfinished dish.  The thighs could've been more tender, but I dunno if that would've wowed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment