Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Blueberry & Cream Cookies (MMB)

Blueberry & Cream cookies are far and away my favorite cookies among all the cookies I've ever had in my life. These were actually the first Momofuku Milk Bar items I made, back before I bought a digital camera and started this blog.
There are comparatively few pictures of me actually making cookie dough because honestly you can see the same process in my entries for Compost Cookies and Cornflake-Marshmallow-Chocolate Chip Cookies. We'll start with the component in the ingredient list for the cookies: the unbelievable...

Milk Crumb (MMB)

  • 40 g milk powder (1/2 cup)
  • 40 g flour (1/4 cup)
  • 12 g cornstarch (2 tablespoons)
  • 25 g sugar (2 tablespoons)
  • 2 g kosher salt (1/2 teaspoon)
  • 55 g butter, melted (4 tablespoons [1/2 stick])
  • 20 g milk powder (1/4 cup)
  • 90 g white chocolate, melted (3 ounces)

Mise en place.


Didn't burn the hell out of my white chocolate while melting it down in the microwave. Unlike the first time.


Twenty minutes at 250 degrees F.


Broken into cluster no bigger than 1/2 inch and tossed with more milk powder (A common ingredient in baking recipes in general). I went through a few pairs of latex gloves tossing the result with white chocolate every 5 minutes until it was no longer sticky.
It was probably still a bit sticky by the time I finished tossing.


It doesn't look like a I pulled out WAY too soon even though I had to bang it with a rolling pin a bit before baking these:

Blueberry & Cream Cookies (MMB)
  • 225 g butter, at room temperature (16 tablespoons [2 sticks])
  • 150 g granulated sugar (3/4 cup)
  • 150 g light brown sugar (1/4 cup tightly packed)
  • 100 g glucose (1/4 cup [I use 35 g or 2 tablespoons of corn syrup])
  • 2 eggs
  • 320 g flour (2 cups)
  • 2 g baking powder (1/2 teaspoon)
  • 1.5 g baking soda (1/4 teaspoon)
  • 6 g kosher salt (1 1/2 teaspoons)
  • 1/2 recipe Milk Crumb
  • 130 g dried blueberries (3/4 cup)

Mise en place.


Unbaked.


Baked to perfection. Planning on doing it all again in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment