Monday, March 5, 2012

The Overbearing Richness of It All


Here's a photo of the Sweet and Sour Chicken I mentioned yesterday. I used double paper plates while microwaving the dish at work and still it sloshed all over the microwave and the rug (though the latter entirely camouflaged the spill). This plus a MMB cookie was overwhelming in terms of richness. I'm eating a salad for my post-work meal tonight; definitely not leftover risotto.
I've known for a couple weeks that I need to pull back from the extravagance I seem to be exhibiting in terms of the recipes I choose while menu planning for bi-weekly grocery shopping trips my parents take me on (I'm also constantly shopping in the interim for items I don't dare ask my parents to buy, aren't available at Stop & Shop, or simply won't be at its peak by the time I get around to executing a dish [i.e., produce]). Yes, Sweet and Sour Chicken does not even touch the Cassoulet I made back in December (The Complete ATK TV Show Cookbook) and I later described as the heaviest dish in the world, but I need to start thinking lighter soon. Weekly batches of MMB cookies will not help with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment