Sunday, March 25, 2012

Compost Cookies (MMB)

  • 225 g butter, at room temperature (16 tablespoons [2 sticks])
  • 200 g granulated sugar (1 cup)
  • 150 g light brown sugar (1/4 cup tightly packed)
  • 50 g glucose (2 tablespoons) ["In a pinch substitute 18 gram (1 tablespoon) corn syrup for the glucose." Maybe I'll buy glucose some day but I might as well use up this bottle of Karo corn syrup first.]
  • 1 egg
  • 2 g vanilla extract (1/2 teaspoon)
  • 225 g flour (1 1/3 cups)
  • 2 g baking powder (1/2 teaspoon)
  • 1.5 g baking soda (1/4 teaspoon)
  • 4 g kosher salt (1 teaspoon)
  • 150 mg mini chocolate chip (3/4 cup)
  • 100 g mini butterscotch chips (1/2 cup) [I just found normal butterscotch chips in my shopping.]
  • 1/4 recipe Graham Crust (85 g [1/2 cup])
  • 40 g old-fashioned rolled oats (1/3 cup)
  • 5 g ground coffee (2 1/2 teaspoons)
  • 50 g potato chips (2 cups) [Tosi says Cape Cod because they're sturdier than most. I bought some Kettle brand chips.]
  • 50 g mini pretzels (1 cup) [The one thing I dislike about the authentic cookies. I just added 50 g more potato chips.]

The ever present European butter in my execution of Christina Tosi recipes.


Mini chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, Graham Crust, old-fashioned rolled oats, and ground single origin Columbian coffee from Monserrate, Huila.
I LOVE New York City's Think Coffee for their constantly rotating selection of single origin coffee. However, Christina Tosi says it really doesn't matter what you use as long as you haven't already used it (EW!) and it's not instant. At MMB, of course they use Stumptown.


Wait, no! We must have more junk food!


Ooh, potato chips. Played it safe and bought plain ones. Who needs to eat a cookie made with sour cream and onion chips?
At least not the first time around.


Stir until just incorporated.


Formed and ready for an hour chill-down in the fridge.


The first batch were a bit burnt, but they taste phenomenal. I sort of expected bigger notes of coffee. I turned the knob back a bit for the batch I'm pulling out in 30 seconds.
Yes, Helen S., I've gone back to white flour at least for cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment