- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces boneless lamb shoulder, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/2 teasoon cinnamon
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups vegetable, chicken, or beef stock or water
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (canned are fine; include their juice)
- 2 pounds spinach, roughly chopped
Mise en place.
Browning the spice encrusted lamb.
Add the vegetables and cook until lightly browned.
My friends enjoyed the dish though I still think the meat content is pretty token in these Food Matters recipes. Certainly a well-spiced, creamy, comforting dish overall.